I love so many things about leather, naturally, but best thing about it may be its far-reaching versatility. Thanks to stamping, molding, and big imaginations, leather can take on any mood, anywhere. Whether it’s in the form of animal prints, quintessential intrecciato, Baroque opulence, or polka dots, the embossing of leather doesn’t just provide intriguing texture. It’s also a cleverly inexpensive alternative to exotics that can exude just as much appeal.
1. Reece Hudson Rogue Small Clutch: Reece Hudson has entered Barneys with a bang, and this brocade-embossed metallic clutch shows why. It’s a pitch-perfect combination of casual modernity and old-world elegance. At Barneys New York for $495.
2. Belstaff Tricolor Ancaster Crossbody Duffel: If the word “embossed” brings fanciful embellishments to your mind, take a gander at Belstaff’s althetica-meets-biker spin: tire-tread detailing is tough stuff that hits a sweet spot. At Barneys New York for $2,295.
3. Givenchy Croc-Stamped Medium Lucrezia Duffel: It doesn’t always have to be real crocodile to make a great impact. Givenchy does edgy embossment right: by melding glazed and matte textures for ultimate ferocity. At Barneys New York for $2,140.
4. Bottega Veneta The Knot Embossed Leather Clutch: Leave it to Bottega to reinvent themselves yet again. The embossing of the iconic BV weave is so innovative! Soft skin laid over cross-hatched metal mesh looks as divine as it does mysterious. On Net-a-Porter for $1,380.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Flipping Dots Embossed Leather Trapeze Bag: Traditional polka dots suddenly seem so passé. Spots are so much more exciting when they’re monochrome and created by altering texture, not hue. On Net-a-Porter for $598.