Here’s to a bright, new start for 2013. Yellow is a major color for Spring/Summer ’13, I’ve been on this kick all winter and now here are a new slew of bags I’m obsessing over. Get a head start early (that’s my motto for the year), so when the first warm day hits, you can strike out in striking yellow. Go for a great basic, a la YSL or McQueen, or take it all way up on the fun scale with the Mark Cross lunchbox (mad props go to my girl Paige Gamble who did it ages ago). Either way, a ray of sunshine is the only way to welcome in Spring.
1. Yves Saint Laurent The Cabas Small Leather Tote: The classic, signature Cabas looks fresh and new in perky lemon. A small size adds to the sense of succulence. On Net-a-Porter for $2,350.
2. Jimmy Choo Cosma Striped Clutch: Look forward with a modernist clutch. Sleek stripes look sweet in candy-shop colors, for a tiny bag that will amp up your night. On Net-a-Porter for $1,595.
3. Alexander McQueen New Skull Padlock Zip-Around Tote Bag: I’m loving McQueen’s new laidback bowler tote, with just a hint of hardware and tons of room, so you can fit your whole life in it. Available for pre-order at Neiman Marcus for $1,545 (expect delivery by March 22nd).
4. Diane von Furstenburg Gracie Leather Clutch: Don’t want to make a full commitment to the shade? Opt for a touch of color, mellowed out with black piping and neutral blocking. On Net-a-Porter for $295.
5. Mark Cross Small Grace Trunk Bag: The Grace mini-trunk is too cute for words. But it’s also high on elegance; with deep red lining, this is old-school glam at its finest. At Barneys New York for $1,695.