Halloween has come and gone, but a ridiculous amount of chocolate remains in my kitchen. That bag full of fun-size gobs and nuggets won’t do me any good, so I’ve tracked down some tasty treats that are kind to the waistline. Life is like a box of chocolates – and I know what I want to get! From milk to dark to bittersweet, forget Snickers, Twix, and Milky Way bars, even Vosges and Godiva; here are the season’s best chocolaty delights:
1. Maison Martin Margiela Saddle Bag: Who cares what’s on the inside when the outside is this delicious? Stamped crocodile doesn’t get more satiating than these bumps and ridges.
At Forty Five Ten for $995.
2. Givenchy Pony-Hair Crossbody Equestrian Bag: Take your chestnut chocolate with a shot of espresso on the side – and a panel of super-slick pony-hair to top off all the sweetness.
At Forty Five Ten for $2,420
3. Miu Miu Crystal Chain-Strap Suede Tote: Ruffles, gathered suede, and a draped strap of crystals: quintessential Miu Miu looks particularly yummy in rich brunette.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,450.
4. Foley + Corinna Knit Leather City Tote: Knitted nubuck makes for a soft shell. Add accents that are anything but bittersweet (like braided handles), and you have a dulcet delight that suits a laid-back mood.
On Shopbop for $695.
5. Rachel Zoe Lucas Medium Shopper: Rachel’s savvy eye makes for a sweet treat with a reto edge, as well as a touch of gold foil, a la the bursts of gleaming hardware.
On Shopbop for $595.