There’s no need to go the clown route for Halloween-themed bags – these will carry you through fall looking festive and chic. I love orange, but orange and black together always screams Halloween!, so we’ve been saving these for the most fun holiday of the year. I still love dressing up; I’m going as Katniss Everdeen and my husband is coordinating – or cooperating, I should say – as Seneca Crane. All these bags are a bit too sophisticated for hunting, but for you snobs out there, one of these could be just what’s missing from your costume!
1. Alexander McQueen Skull Woven Leather Box Clutch: What a tangled web McQueen weaves! And I always want to be tangled in their sleek spiderwebs.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,075.
2. Mulberry Zigzag Leather Shoulder Bag: Orange studs look chic, not scary, especially when they’re on inky blue leather and topped with coral resin cabachons.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,750.
3. Victoria Beckham Victoria Leather Tote: Black and orange tend to be a stylistic no-no, unless you’re all about theme dressing on the 31st, but Victoria’s sensibility has changed the rules.
On Net-a-Porter for $3,250.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Colorblock Satchel: Lim’s instant cool-girl classic looks fabulously fall-appropriate in this trio of (mostly neutral) tones. This yummy rust shade is loud enough to pop and quiet enough to blend.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $975.
5. Smythson Jackson Tote: An orange tote is always a winner in my book; this one has gotten an autumn update, via recessed black panels.
At Barneys New York for $995.