We have always maintained that money is not indicative of great style or good taste (actually, sometimes money has an inverse relationship with good taste; you know it when you see it!). Proving our age-old point, here are the current best bags under $100. Yes, you read correctly: $100 and below. Admittedly, this was no easy task and I’m still surprised how far PVC has come. So go on, indulge!
1. Zara Zebra Clutch with Chain: With whipstitch-style chain trim, Zara’s clutch is 100% cow leather – and it’s the best bang for your snobby buck.
At Zara for $99.
2. Co Lab Ryder Zip-Trim Wristlet Bag: There is no shame in PVC, none at all. Especially when it’s sharp and edgy in rocker-worthy deep purple.
At Neiman Marcus for $65.
3. Topshop Fur-Tail Crossbody Bag: So the Alex Wang influence is undeniable, but I’m still getting a fresh vibe from this high-texture cocktail of pebble, metal, and furriness.
At Topshop for $50.
4. Kirna Zabête for Target Snake Classic Handbag: Target’s latest bit of collaborative genius enlists the sensibility of one of our favorite style-guru duos (Sarah Easley and Beth Buccini). The result is refined style for a deceptively low price.
At Target for $39.99.
5. ASOS Scallop Edge Satchel: Who cares if it’s faux leather when the outcome is this cute? A boxy silhouette and scalloped trim makes for super-sweet satchel.
At ASOS for $38.70.