The moment I boarded our flight to Hawaii, I knew I was in for a tropical flower overdose. Everyone from flight attendants to passengers wore some kind of floral print. One woman even had fresh lilies in her hair (a second honeymoon, perhaps?). I was wearing a t-shirt with black leather trim, wax-coated jeans, and Isabel Marant kicks, so I totally fit in. Our beautiful hotel is also filled with fragrant florals, so now I’m craving blossoms on everything!
1. Charlotte Olympia Pandora Matryoshka Wooden Clutch: A subtle way to indulge. This light colored wooden clutch is topped with the head of a Russian nesting doll, and comes with a bright floral-print pouch (in case you want to keep your piece of paradise to yourself). What a cute take on the playful layering of the babushka doll!
On Net-a-Porter for $995.
2. Alexander McQueen Oversize Floral Printed Silk De Manta Clutch: For something darker and more modern, this fits the bill. The design on McQueen’s much-loved clutch looks like it came from deep within the jungle, super sophisticated for a floral.
On Ssense for $795.
3. Stella McCartney Grace Lace Clutch Bag: This structured bag is black satin with an ivory floral lace overlay – ladylike and charming.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $970.
4. Alexander McQueen Embroidered Unicorn & Skull-Clasp Clutch Bag: Bright floral embroidery over black mesh and the standout gold hardware knuckle clasp that we’ve come to love from McQueen. Not for the shy types.
At Neiman Marcus for $2,455.
5. Prada Floral Applique Tote Bag: If you want a less tropical look, this bag is perfect with its flowers represented via patterned navy and yellow appliques. The distinctive bag is made from shining spazzolato calfskin, and comes with a detachable crossbody strap.
At Neiman Marcus for $2,350.
6. Givenchy Obsedia Paradise Flower-Print Minaudiere: Truly tropical, this floral-print satin clutch is the perfect size to bring to the luau!
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,695.