Fashion Forecast: It’s reigning purple for Fall 2012. I prefer a grape-y purple myself, but Fall’s lush hues vary from the perfectly plummy to the starkly violet to the softened mauve-ish. Whatever the translation, you’ll feel one-hundred percent more majestic with a queenly bag in tow. And from the classic to frugal to vegan, there’s something for every snob.
1. Salvatore Ferragamo Sofia: Ferragamo does the royal shade best, courtesy of the popular Sofia bag. Gancio hardware keeps jungle-wild python (oh-so covetable in purple) classic, or opt for supple calfskin for almost half the price.
Python, $3,000, and leather, $1,690 at Salvatore Ferragamo.
2. Milly Mini Gabriella Crossbody: Frugal snobs, appreciate Milly’s strong interpretation. Such a versatile little style means violet will be your new go-to from now on.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $198.
3. Miu Miu Crystal Chain-Strap Matelassé Leather Shoulder Bag: If you want to go extra-regal, opt for Miu Miu’s bejeweled chain-strap – which can be removed and worn as a necklace!
On Net-a-Porter for $1,295.
4. Stella McCartney Woven Faux Leather Shoulder Bag: Laidback trendsters and animal-lovers, rejoice in Stella’s choice of shade. The weave makes for an airy late-summer transition bag.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,325.
5. Bottega Veneta Weaved Circle Bag: Bottega’s classic bag in the most royal of shades is a lifer. There’s has an electric pop for extra oomph.
On Farfetch for $1,802.