Make fun of me all you want: while Posh is clearly the one with the high-brown fashion sense (not to mention killer label that just keeps getting better), I will always hold a small place in my heart for Ginger Spice and her kooky style. The reason? Her big moment with the Union Jack flag, of course. Her cheeky, mid-nineties mini summed up the spirit of Girl Power, so it’s no big shock the Union Jack is making quite the comeback when it comes to our clutches (way easier to pull off than that dress!). Here, the best of the British invasion:
1. Jimmy Choo Candy Union Jack Acrylic Clutch: From beach scenes to glitter, the Candy clutch is the perfect way to enjoy a kitschy print. With a pop of bright color, this one is extra-fun.
On Net-a-Porter for $795.
2. Alexander McQueen Box Clutch: Think of the Union Jack, and you can’t help but see McQueen and their little skull. This leather clutch sparkles with look-at-me sass.
On Farfetch for $1,759.
3. Alexander McQueen Swarovski Crystal Union Jack Clutch: It doesn’t have to be red, white, and blue to make a point. Be chic and subtle with this more refined variation.
At Matches Fashion for $1,673.
4. Rocio Union Jack Clutch: Leather-covered wood makes for a mysterious texture, one that’s a rustic, artsy take on Cool Britannia.
On Farfetch for $387 (from $642.15).
5. Lulu Guiness Union Jack Snakeskin Lips Clutch: Quirky much? Those after a quick conversation-starter will have no problem combining two wacky clutch trends. This one would be terribly tacky, but luxe snakeskin increases the snob quotient by far.
At Lulu Guiness for $750.