We could all use a clean slate this time of year. And I say there’s no better way to symbolize a fresh start than with a great white bag. Especially one that’s not only snobby but on sale for a slightly less-than-snobby price. Good things come to those who wait for spring sale season!
1. Rochas Red Socks Leather Shoulder Bag: The scalloped edge adds much-needed focus to a clean and pure bag, as does the giant leather ribbon. A lovely companion for luncheons in the garden. On Luisa via Roma for $901 (from $1,287).
2. Bottega Veneta Intrecciato-Paneled Leather Shoulder Bag: A Bottega on sale is always better than money in the bank, but this style is really one of my favorites. The casual and loose feel is different for the oft-conservative house, so it speaks to my rebellious side. On Net-a-Porter for $1,960 (from $2,800).
3. Alexander Wang Prisma Tote Bag: You already love it. Now in must-have seasonal white and on sale? It’s already in my shopping cart as we speak. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $486.50 (from $695).
4. Jas MB Ponyhair Lisa Clutch: Hot and major, a dreamy white calf-hair clutch like this will get much love in the summer for day and night. At Barneys New York for $309 (from $510).
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Hobo: Sometimes all it takes is a single detail to make a bag; I love the side-zipper pocket and the quirky pull. This is an ivory you don’t have to worry about. Getting it beat up and dirty just heightens the cool factor. At Barneys New York for $509 (from $850).
6. Jil Sander Simple Tote: A tote for all seasons, year after year. When it comes to a bag this high-functioning, you’ll be grateful it’s not pristine white. Plus, the textured leather can withstand unnoticeable damage. At Barneys New York for $869 (from $1,145).