Of all the bags out there, the bicycle is naturally synonymous with the messenger. But your workaday bike messenger is not likely to be seen with any of these hands-free carryalls! No, even while pedaling, whether your working a beach-cruiser or a cityslicker, a snob must have a bag to match her activity. Here, my current favorite bike-riding bags, no basket required:
1. Lanvin Opanca Bag PM: Cruise the streets in a classy take on the camera bag. Snap photos while you sightsee during the day, then take this versatile mini into afterhours.
At Barneys New York for $1,290.
2. Jason Wu Messenger Patent-Trimmed Leather Tote: Have a whole day’s worth of gear to pack? Not only is Wu’s tote 40% off, it provides you with your neon fix, without going overboard.
On Net-a-Porter for $957 (from $1,595).
3. Barneys New York Co-Op Hunting Bag: Play up your preppy side with this crisp canvas frugal find that is sure to rest comfortably across your shoulder.
At Barneys New York for $359 (from $595).
4. Marni Straw-Trimmed Jacquard Shoulder Bag: This beachy shoulder style functions just as well as a backpack, so you can be free and unencumbered as you cruise around seaside.
On Net-a-Porter for $576 (from $960).
5. Bottega Veneta Large Buffalo Sport Messenger: The ultimate city-girl messenger brings chic to street. A bag to cherish on your wheels and in your heels.
At Barneys New York for $3,380.