Remember George Michael’s “Freedom ‘90” video? How could you forget! Arguably the sexiest video of all time featured Cindy, Tatjana, Naomi, Linda, and Christy writhing, posing, and lip-synching like their sex appeal depended on it. And yes, it was the latter three who were not only known worldwide on a first-name basis, they were known as the illustrious Trinity. Especially to high-glam, high-on-excess designers like Gianni Versace. They were also known to tote the most glamorous of bags- let’s hear it for the girls! Here are our top 5 Supermodel inspired bags that we know Naomi, Linda and Christy would wholeheartedly approve of!
1. Burberry Prorsum Fox-Head Quilted Leather Clutch: Reaping obvious inspiration from Gianni, luxuriant gold hardware looks decadent against quilted, black leather. On Luisa Via Roma for $1,995.
2. D&G Printed Quilted Twill Shoulder Bag: So it wasn’t all about good taste. Enjoy a healthy dose of tacky glamour with this throwback, quilted-and-tassled style. On Net-a-Porter for $740.
3. Lulu Guiness Studded Lips Perspex Clutch: Take a cue from their killer pouts, and plump up your lips – and your clutch. Studs and strips of snakeskin bring on nineties sex appeal. On Luisa Via Roma for $774.
4. Chanel Flap Bag: Viva la excess! Embellished with ultra-iconic charms, this throwback to loco logos is free-spirited and just whimsical enough. Inquire at Chanel for purchase.
5. Versace Baroque Studded Napa Shoulder Bag: Versace embraced the reign of the supermodel like few others, and this explosion of hardware and frivolity is an ultimate ode to the era. On Luisa Via Roma for $1,326 (from $1,894).