There’s no bag that makes you feel like a woman quite like a clutch. With new shapes and textures that refer to their vintage ancestors, the latest are unabashedly feminine. Grab one for instant polish, and you’ll have a hard time putting it down as you gracefully sip your dirty martini.
1. Marni Archivio Storico Colorblock Clutch: Sharp, strong, and neutral, the reason Marni’s colorblocking feels so modern? It harks back to the trend’s initial era. At Barneys New York for $960.
2. Christian Louboutin Loubi Lula Clutch: Pleated satin contrasted against the structure of a metal frame-top is a pair that never goes out of fashion. In bright fuchsia, this makes bold girlishness look so inviting. At Neiman Marcus for $895.
3. Judith Lieber Natalie Beaded Clutch: It wouldn’t be the fifties without some va-va-voom glam. The lady meets the showgirl with these sparkling beads. At Neiman Marcus for $2,695.
4. Miu Miu Mattelassé Suede Clutch: Miu Miu has taken the mattelassé treatment and run with it this season, but touchable caramel-colored suede is my favorite rendition. On Net-a-Porter for $1,750.
5. Lauren Merkin Georgie Lizard-Embossed Clutch: Pleats, folds, and a sprinkling of ruffles jazzes up a simple yet unique metallic-finish, nude clutch. At Neiman Marcus for $250.