Inspiration for bags comes from everywhere, but most styles have a practical origin. From cameras to doctor’s supplies to athletic equipment to scuba gear to bowling bags, we’ve come a long way when it comes to what we’re supposed to pack! Pick out one of these utility pieces and fill them with whatever your heart desires.
1. Proenza Schouler Elk Leather Camera Bag: The latest It-bag is flying off the shelves and into fashionistas’ hands. The camera bag has been reimagined many times over, but it doesn’t get better than this two-tone, frame-top, elaborate chain-handle variation.
At Browns Fashion for $2,363 (£1,475).
2. Dolce & Gabbana Miss Brigitte Animal-Print Doctor Bag: Dolce glams up the idea of medicine (although bags are my medicine) with leopard-print pony-hair. Carry it with femme-fatale style. Doctor’s orders!
At Neiman Marcus for $2,595.
3. Reed Krakoff Gym Bag II Two-Tone Leather Tote: Reed took inspiration from the classic gym bag and turned it into something classy. Sport meets luxury with this new racing-stripe edition.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,490.
4. Burberry Prorsum Leather Bowling Bag: No polyester shirts and awkwardly fitting shoes here! The bowling bag slides out of the lanes with woven panels and neutral blocks of color.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,595.
5. Alexander Wang Scuba Mesh Leather Bag: Wang went big on athletics this season, and this bag is the cream of the crop. Wear this netted leather scuba-inspired crossbody for a deep diver’s vibe.
On Net-a-Porter for $975.