Is it just me, or are bags shrinking? I’ve been enjoying an ongoing love affair with mini-bags that started seasons ago, but “mini” doesn’t even seem to cut it anymore. More like miniscule! I’m not talking about minaudieres and evening clutches – those are expected to be particularly small-scaled – but youthful chain-strapped bags that hint more at a fun time than a posh affair. I guess good things do really come in small packages.
1. Gucci Garcon Gold-Tone Clutch with Crocodile Pouch: This Deco-inspired clutch is so artful it deserves an exotic pouch of its own! A box of gorgeous gold-paneled brass glides in and out of rich mahogany croc.
On Net-a-Porter for $4,900.
2. Diane von Furstenberg Melon Harper Purse: You can’t be the price of DVF’s Harper purse, now in baby size, and the frivolous and functional style is tempting, too. I’m loving cantaloupe as a fresh color for summer.
On Ssense for $295.
3. Valentino Leopard-Print Calf-Hair Shoulder Bag: A more classic take on the mini-bag may be more palatable to traditionalists who opt for a light load. Leopard calf-hair is timeless, and this convertible clutch can work around the clock.
On Net-a-Porter for $995.
4. Chloé Pink Small Sally Evening Bag: This jovial two-tone approach suits Chloé well for the moment, especially when you clash pebbled leather against oil-slick patent.
On Ssense for $1,295.
5. Lanvin Small Camera Bag: This has to be the cutest, itty-bittiest camera bag I ever seen. A python flap, inky midnight hue, and heartily enhanced strap make this a small wonder.
At Lanvin for $1,750.