Whether you’re hitting the gym or more interested in hitting the town, tones of high-energy athleticism are all around. Now that summer is almost upon us, I say it’s time to get in touch with our sweat-loving sides (well, at least try to). I sure can’t get inspired to do anything without the right bag, so I’ve been on the hunt for gym satchels and shoulder styles that give me an instant burst of energy. Now, whether I make it to that spinning class is another story…
1. Jérôme Dreyfuss Momo Karung-Trimmed Leather Shoulder Bag: There’s something about these polka-dot panels, reminiscent of mesh, that look super-athletic, while the bursts of karung and suede make it timelessly chic. On Net-a-Porter for $960.
2. Diane von Furstenberg Sporty Drew Bucket Basket Bag: Diane does sporty the way you would expect: with a smart sense of function and a refined touch that lets this float fluidly from the gym to office. At Diane von Furstenberg for $595.
3. Alexander Wang Perforated Leather Backpack: This ivory rucksack would make a stellar gym bag or an easy off-day carryall. Perforation makes for airy athleticism, but in a Hawaiian-flower design, this backpack is feminine. On Net-a-Porter for $675.
4. Neil Barrett Green Leather Bucket Bag: A spunky color, casual drawstring, and swerving lines, for a sense of movement, make this bucket a top choice for running errands in a flash. On Ssense for $790.
5. Want Les Essentials de la Vie Charlefroi 48-Hour Travel Bag: Carry this functional tote from the locker room to your next weekend getaway. Durable canvas gets an upgrade with tailored leather trim, and a padded shoulder cushion (on a removable strap) means this can go the distance. On Ssense for $675.