The latest invasion of bags, both snobby and frugal, has me on a major black-and-white streak. I ogled over drool-worthy editions by McQueen and Kara Ross last week; now it’s time to pay homage to the dual-toned babies under $200! Who says you have to spend a lot to get a oodles of graphic satisfaction? From fuzzy ombré to popping polka-dots, you can grab these up guilt-free.
1. Diane von Furstenberg Printed Neoprene Tote: Scuba-inspired neoprene is right-on right now, and this oversized tote (internal zip pouch included!) begs for a trip to the seaside cabanas.
On Net-a-Porter for $145.
2. Zara Graded Shopper: Colorless ombré is perfectly on trend and so is the wildly triangular shape of this chic leather shopper.
At Zara for $169.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Dotty Snake Wristlet Bag: Vivid polka-dots and snake-embossed leather is the perfect recipe for an affordable to wristlet to carry alone casually or toss in your tote for a day out and about.
At Matches Fashion for $149.
4. DKNY Leather and Nylon Tote: In the grand tradition of Céline, this two-tone shopper is simple and classic. A bold, no-nonsense way to work the trend.
On Net-a-Porter for $195.
5. Pierre Hardy Canvas and Cotton Clutch Bag: Get transfixed by the Magic-Eye qualities of this futuristic-mod print. Hardy’s easy, flat clutch will lighten your load from morning ‘til night.
At Matches Fashion for $175.