We give our plight for the right bag so much attention, the search for an equally stunning wallet often goes by the wayside. Think of your wallet as the wild little sister to your tote or top-handle: it may be completely different, but it should still be complimentary. And perhaps more outgoing. When you carry a muted bag, toss in a noteworthy wallet to spice things up; these wallets are all long and roomy, ideal for jazzing up a day bag. Even if your wallet is empty, it can still lift your spirits!
1) Nina Ricci Liane Continental Wallet: Four words: rose gold, metallic, snakeskin. Need I say more? Nothing will set off the lining of your bag like a flash of this spectacular shimmer. At Barneys New York for $635.
2) Marc Jacobs Cobra Deluxe Zip-Around Wallet: Bright coral and highly decorative, this is so stimulating, I almost want to carry it as a clutch. Loads of compartments and exotic cobra-skin make it a must. At Barneys New York for $750.
3) Mulberry Travel Continental Lizard-Effect Leather Wallet: Mean and green, this highly textural wallet does lizard-embossed leather with to subtle camouflage effects. Bold hardware drives the impact home. On Net-a-Porter for $500.
4) Marni Peptite Zip-Around Wallet: If Marni’s wildly geometric new bags are too much for you, consider this peppy touch. Just a tad tribal, in wallet form, you won’t risk committing to a trend. At Barneys New York for $495.
5) Yves Saint Laurent Charms Patent Wallet: Simply charming! Textured, poppy-red patent leather is optimistic. With “love” and “YSL” logo charms, it’s flirty and sweet. At Neiman Marcus for $475.