Last night after the ceremony, the most exciting objects in starlets’ hands were not the golden trophies – not even close. Of course, it was all about the clutches! I’ve narrowed it down to five big winners, from Lanvin to Ferragamo: who would you give the big award to?
1. Katie Holmes: Katie’s Lanvin clutch was my favorite bag of the night! Out of the 2012 runway collection, her elongated white-lacquered brass and resin minaudiere features an awe-striking strass eagle detail for sleek-meets-tough elegance that gave her Elie Saab dress maximum impact.
2. Natalie Portman: Charlotte Olympia’s Pandora clutch looked fabulously bold and graphic against Natalie’s vintage Dior gown. The perspex clutch with diamante spider detail is an instant classic that’s sure to make many more appearances on the red carpet.
3. Elizabeth Banks: Bold as a peacock, Elizabeth shined in her daring Chadwick Bell number. A Jimmy Choo Cameo clutch was the perfect finishing touch: an easy statement bag that clicked perfectly with a boldly feathered dress.
4. Sandra Bullock: Sandy looked effortless with her spectacularly classic and equally glamorous Marchesa clutch in hand. Out of the Resort 2012 collection, gold python looks magical topped with a jeweled crystal.
5. Olivia Wilde: En route to the Vanity Fair party, Olivia was chic and regal, especially with the Evy clutch by Salvatore Ferragamo. Black suede and gold chains make for a smooth combination that’s easy on the eyes.