I have a feeling I should be thanking Michael Kors for my sudden lust over the color fuchsia – as in the hottest, most scorching shade of bright pink imaginable. The keyword here is definitely “thank!” This resort-perfect color is making me happy, and it feels especially fresh and unexpected as the holidays approach. While a luxurious and lengthy Kors caftan will douse you in high-octane hue, a tropical-punch bag is not an allover commitment. Therefore, way more approachable. Even better, these shades of pink aren’t all baby-sweet and powdery feminine. This is pink with some power. So pick up one of my top picks, and arm yourself with a blast of playful authority.
1) Michael Kors Gia Ostrich-Embossed Leather Satchel: From the man who gave me fuchsia fever, this ostrich-stamped top-handle has a classic silhouette and gutsy color, so you can never, ever call it boring. Available for pre-order at Neiman Marcus for $895.
2) Stella McCartney Fold-Over Falabella Tote: I thought I had washed my hands of the over-copied Falabella for good. That is, until I saw it in electrifying fuchsia. This changes everything, and the new convertible boxy-top-handle into slouchy-fold-over style doesn’t hurt either. Available for pre-order at Neiman Marcus for $1,095.
3) Anya Hindmarch Marano Glitter-Finish Leather Clutch: Anya proves that this season, all that glitters is pink. Hers isn’t as saturated as the rest of the bunch, but it shines even brighter. A sparkle-tastic clutch to take you through the season’s upcoming soirees and far beyond. On Net-a-Porter for $550.
4) Jimmy Choo Ubai Patent-Leather Clutch: This zippy clutch is the handbag equivalent to a burst of ultra-shiny watermelon lip gloss. A rich color like this responds well to a slick veneer. Color-block this one with a pair of very matte yet bold pumps. At Nordstrom for $650.
5) Bottega Veneta Woven Lambskin and Linen Cabat Tote: No, I will never tire of Bottega Veneta’s weave, especially when the Cabat comes in an alluring mix of linen and leather. I especially won’t grow weary when it comes in a magenta-bubblegum shade (infused with ivory so it’s not too overwhelming) that’s so Techicolor you almost forget about the exquisite craftsmanship. At Neiman Marcus for $6,850.