Why not carry something unexpected to your first holiday party? Sequins and metallics get my heart racing, but this time of year, often prove to be the expected route to take. Sometimes there is nothing more satisfying than a bold, ardent, saturated pop of color. As the weather gets colder, I say it’s only logical to make your accessories hotter. One of these little bags packs enough instant energy to last you through the night, so keep your other accessories equally strong and your other colors clean and crisp. And most importantly, own it!
1) Jimmy Choo Rivera Crocodile-Effect Leather Envelope Clutch: A jolt of juicy orange is instant energy. Toss it on with deep indigos or navys and drape this slim wristlet envelope over your wrist. On Net-a-Porter for $795.
2) Jil Sander Lady Crossbody Bag: The extra strap on this smooth double-body purse gives the concise style more modernity, but if it weren’t for the bright lemon leather, this bag would be just another minimal handbag. At Barneys New York for $1,280.
3) Marc by Marc Hip To Be Square Textured-Leather Wristlet: A youthful little box with scuba-inspired flair, this is a Day-Glo frugal find for evenings you’re in the mood to not take anything too seriously. On Net-a-Porter for $130.
4) Michael Kors Quinn Clutch: Hot pink, a sleek envelope shape, smooth gold hardware, and Michael Kors’ sense of chic: all timelessly stylish elements. Combined, it’s a no-fail option. No need to be shy – don’t wear this with a plain LBD. Mix it up with another rich hue and clash on purpose. At Neiman Marcus for $550.
5) Bottega Veneta Fold-Over Clutch: Fire it up, baby! Timeless weave is unbelievable in flaming tomato red. A magnetic turn-lock closure makes for quick access while you light up the room. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,550.